Monday, October 23, 2017

YOU'RE FULL OF BALONEY!


   TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24TH., 2017
       YOU'RE FULL OF BALONEY!

    Actually, of course, the correct spelling
is Bologna, We all know that from the
Oscar Meyer jingle.
     And it's OK to be full of bologna
today because October 24th is National
Bologna Day!
      I'm not sure who came up with this
special day but in the back of my mind
I'd like to believe they knew my late
cameraman and dear friend Bob Dennis.
     Bob used to bring a lunch with him
to work everyday. Those less wise, like
me, used to think I'd just pick up something
along the way and then suddenly I'd find
we were on assignment in a strip mine or
10 miles from the nearest lunch counter.
      But Bob always had his bagged lunch.
And it was always a bologna sandwich!
Every day! Bologna!
       Of course there are different types
of bologna. There is "regular Bologna"
German Bologna, Beef Bologna, Kosher
Bologna, and more. Depending upon the
kind of Bologna, it could include pork,
beef, chicken, and spices. 
        So Bob may have had more of a variety
than I imagined!
        Anyhow today's the day for you to
celebrate so grab a couple slices of bread
and your favorite kind of bologna and
have a ball!
        Hope you remembered the mustard
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment