Saturday, October 7, 2017

SOMETHING TO CHEW ON!


   SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7TH., 2017
       SOMETHING TO CHEW ON!


   I impressed my dermatologist when I
showed up to have the bandage removed
my lip Friday afternoon.
   He asked me how I was doing. I formed
one fist like a puppet head and squeaked
out "fine thanks" without moving my lips!
    Since he suggested I only speak like a
ventriloquist after my surgery on Wednesday
I though that would be appropriate.
    He agreed and complemented me on my
new profession!
     Though the bandage was removed there
is still some swelling and a few stitches
holding things together. So the orders to
keep the lip as still as possible remain in
effect for a week or so at least.
       I'm still eating via straw for the most
part and my wife has kept the milk shakes
coming. Some soup too. I keep looking
at that bag of Middleswarth chips on the
kitchen table and waiting for the day I
can dig in!
       Fortunately I thought ahead and taped
this Monday's show on ECTV. Talking
with my guest would have been difficult
and I don't think the audience would accept
me in a Phantom of the Opera Mask!
        Last evening I discovered I was able
to sneak a few fruit snacks (my grandson
calls them "gummies") into my mouth and
that gave me something to chew on.
         Still keeping out of sight fearing I'll
have to explain who gave me my "fat lip."
         Hope there's some good shows on
TV this weekend and that all your NEWS is
good.

No comments:

Post a Comment