Tuesday, October 10, 2017

THIS IS A TEST!

 
      WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 11TH., 2017
                     THIS IS A TEST!

        My wife and I began our Tuesday with a
visit to a local clinic. We both have doctor's
appointments coming up next week and he
had ordered blood tests before our visit.
         This is not my favorite stop!
         First there's the fasting part. I don't
mind missing breakfast. I don't usually
 eat breakfast anyway and I can always pick
up something right after the lab work.
         But a 12 hour fast means I have to
give up my midnight snack.That I miss.
         Then there's the challenge of getting
my blood!
          My veins are all too visible but for
some reason reaching them with a needle is
a little like drilling for oil. The technicians
come up with a lot of "dry holes!"
          I had an expert do the job Tuesday
and I still came out with what looks like a
snake bite since he had to make two attempts
before he hit pay dirt or, in my case, blood!
           Then there's that little piece of
cotton-like material they place over the
wound with tape strong enough to hold
airplanes together. Just try to get it off!
            Anyhow they got their sample and
I've got a couple new black and blue marks
to try to explain to those who notice.
            Hope I pass the test and that all
your NEWS is good!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment