Friday, October 27, 2017

CRUISE CONTROL?


   SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28TH., 2017
             CRUISE CONTROL?

        Although we didn't reach 70 degrees
Friday the sun was out and my wife and I
both own warm jackets. So, the top came
down in our little Miata and we set out for
parts unknown. Well, sort of.
         I'm beginning to think the car knows
where we're going before we do.
         We headed out on Route 115 towards
the Poconos and for just a second or two I
entertained the thought of heading to Cherry
Valley Winery where a wood fired pizza oven
and a couple of our favorite wines are always
an attractive lure.
         I gave up the idea in favor of a back
road I'd never traveled before. I like to see
where some of these lesser know roads lead.
         The one I selected took us past some
beautiful fall foliage and round some
challenging curves.
          Ultimately though we pulled up to
an intersection I recognized! It was about
two miles from the winery! It must have
been karma! And who am I to fight karma?
           We enjoyed a great pizza, had some
wine, and brought a few bottles home to
cover us on those upcoming days when our
little Sports car is resting for the winter.
            Hope we got enough wine, and that
all your NEWS is good!









No comments:

Post a Comment