Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!


 THURSDAY, AUGUST 2ND., 2018
     A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!

    Our Grandson Anthony celebrates
his third Birthday today!
     It's hard to believe three years
have passed since he came into our
lives.
      I remember the night my son
called to tell me he had taken his
wife to the hospital to await his
birth, Although there was nothing
we could do we felt it important
to "be close" so my wife and I
went there too.
      Hospital waiting areas, at least
the one we were in, were not set up
to be comfortable for anyone
waiting very long!
       Trying to take a nap on the
available chairs was like trying
to sleep on a camel. Between the
humps!
       And whoever set the thermostat
apparently used to work in a meat
market! It was cold enough to keep
food indefinitely! I'm surprised we
didn't end up as patients with
hypothermia!
        When our new grandson
arrived we realized it was well
worth the wait! I'd miss sleep
and freeze any day to welcome
him!
        We watch him on Thursdays
and have done so since his mom's
maternity leave ended so we've
had a great chance to watch him
as he grows.
         I get to play with him which
makes me feel like a kid
again. Except for the pain in my
back. I don't bend as well as I
used to!
          He'll be here today for his
Birthday which will make his
weekly visit all the more special!
          Someday we'll tell him
about the night Grannie and I
waited for him to show up!
           Hope he enjoys a great
day and that all his, and your,
NEWS is good!



         

   
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment