Tuesday, August 21, 2018

LIP SERVICE!


   WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 22ND., 2018
                       LIP SERVICE!

    I got one of those calls from my doctor
Tuesday that you'd rather not get. The
small sore on my lower lip that hasn't
healed properly is a case of squamous
cell carcinoma. That's medical talk for
skin cancer.
     The determination was made after
a "sample" was removed from the
affected area which, in essence, ,means
a chunk was taken out of my lip to be
examined. I was left with a sore lip and
a stitch.
     I've gone through this once before
having had the same thing happen to
the other side of my lip. Next week
I'll go into his office for so-called
MOS surgery.
     It's somewhat ironic this
procedure seems to be named after
one of the Three Stooges since it
leaves one in a stooge like predicament.
     For a week or so I'll be expected
to speak like a ventriloquist, moving
my lips as little as possible while
trying to communicate with family
and friends. It's especially tough, I
thing, for a guy whose career has
been in communications!
     I am thinking about drawing
eyes and a nose just above and
behind my left thumb and creating
my own character similar to that
used by a once famous comic
called Senor Wences who created
his ventriloquist dummy that way.
       Maybe I can make a few bucks
while I'm healing!
       It's not a gigantic deal. My first
surgery worked out very well and I
healed fairly quickly. I'm trying to
work my schedule on ECTV so I
won't have to do the act on my
weekly show there. Television
already has more than its share of
dummies these days!
         Hope I'll look more like
Brad Pitt when it's over and that
all your NEWS is good!


   
         

No comments:

Post a Comment