Wednesday, August 15, 2018

OUR NEW ARRIVAL!


   THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH., 2018
              OUR NEW ARRIVAL!

    We're welcoming a new arrival to the
family this week! But she's not a baby.
     Our daughter, her husband, and two
kids went to Avoca Wednesday to
official greet their new foreign exchange
student! She'll be living with them through
the new school year and will be attending
Wyoming Area High School.
      Roberta hails from Italy, the homeland
of ancestors to both my wife and me. Both
of us have visited that beautiful country a
couple times though never to the areas
from which our families came many years
ago.
       Roberta's home is in Sicily. Our good
friend Roberto Picone and his brother Alfie
come from there as well. In fact Roberto
just returned from a three week visit with
family there. We hope to take Roberta to
the restaurant the brothers run so they can
exchange stories from "home."
        Having taken two years of Italian at
Hazleton High School just 58 years ago I
can probably remember how to say "Hello."
I also learned "arrivederci" but I think I got that
from a song! I don't remember much more. I
didn't study very hard. Fortunately Roberta
speaks English.And Italian. And, I believe,
one other language.
         It's so great to have a new "kid" in the
family even if she's already 16.
         Welcome Roberta! Hope your stay
and all your NEWS is good!


       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment