Monday, August 27, 2018

SCHOOL DAYS!


  TUESDAY, AUGUST 28TH., 2018
             SCHOOL DAYS!

    My Face book page has been loaded
with photos of kids and grandkids heading
"back to school."
     Many of them are "firsts." You know.
First day of school. First day of 3rd grade.
First last day of school (reserved of course
for High School seniors.)
      I actually remember my first day of
school. To some extent it set the standard
for most of my academic career. I cried
and was consoled by a female student.
And my favorite part of the day was
going home.
       Of course school was different
then. Everybody walked there. In my
case that was a hike of two and one
half blocks. There was no Kindergarten
at my elementary school until a few
years after I started going there so my
first day was in first grade.
        School, back the, started
after Labor Day!! And snow
seldom stopped us!
       12 full years of school. Less
tears for the most part but my favorite
part of the day was still going home!
       Three of our grandchildren have,
basically. never not been in school!
The two oldest have a Mom who
taught in a school with  an attached
day care and nursery so they were
in school cribs and playrooms while
their Mom was in a classroom close
by.
       My youngest has been in a
nursery for most of his three years
and, in fact, he's been going there
while other kids enjoy summers
off! No wonder he looks so happy
when  I come in the door to take
him out!
       That's more years that some
Felons do!
        So best wishes to all of you
starting school, a new grade, or
just another year. Hope you're
not in tears and that all your
NEWS is good!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment