Friday, August 3, 2018

THREE DAYS TO GET HIGH!


   FRIDAY, AUGUST 3RD., 2018
   THREE DAYS TO GET HIGH!

   August third marks the start of a
three day event in which you are
encouraged to "get high."
    It's "International Tree Climbing
Days!"
    I candidly admit I had never heard
of this competition which is sponsored
by the International Society of
Arboriculture, an organization I had
never heard of either!
     Although these special days are
promoted as being International the
only events I've been able to identify
and held in Columbia Ohio. Seems
it's moved to a different city every
year.
      Apparently this is not your old
fashion back yard Cherry or Apple
tree climb! These man and women
use ropes and safety gear to scale a
tree as quickly as possible then ring
a bell that has been mounted near the
top of the tree. The fastest climber is
the winner.
       I'd sort of like to try it but don't
want to "go out on a limb." Get it?
Tree climbing. Out on a limb. Sorry
it's been a long day and this is the
best I could come up with on short
notice. So don't "bark" at me. See?
Tree/bark!
        OK that's it! If you can't get
to Columbus find yourself a nice
tree and give it a go.
        Hope you have a nice climb and
that all your NEWS is good!
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment