Wednesday, August 29, 2018

NOW HEAR THIS!


   THURSDAY, AUGUST 30TH., 2018
                NOW HEAR THIS!

   Well I showed up early at my
dermatologist's office Wednesday for
surgery to remove squamous cell
cancer from my lower lip. Having had
a similar procedure awhile back on the
right side of the same lip I pretty much
knew what to expect.....I thought!
    This job turned out to be a little
bigger than either the Doctor or I
planned for.
     The cancer had spread a bit so
the incision had to be big enough to
get out everything that had to go. But
that left a pot hole that, proportionally,
could be equated to those we've all
been dealing with on our streets and
highways.
       As you probably already know
dermatologists don't keep a supply of
either cold or hot patch on had for
such situations. Instead they use a
procedure called a skin graft!
        So, after having sever injections
of anesthetic in my lip I had another
done behind my left ear. That's where
the doc got the "extra skin" to fill up
my lip!
         It will take awhile for the "ear
skin" to turn into :lip skin" but he says
it will work. As for the hole behind my
ear there was enough extra skin there
to stitch together and tighten things up.
        I'm looking forward to being able
to speak and eat again sometime soon.
I'm also especially looking forward to
complete recovery eventually  because
the sore on my lip prohibited me from
whistling the way I used to.
         When this is all done my lip
should have a far better "ear" for
music!
           Hope the milkshakes keep
coming and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment