Wednesday, August 22, 2018

FAREWELL DEAR FRIEND!


   THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND., 2018
       FAREWELL DEAR FRIEND!

    While I long to make you laugh or
smile with my daily blogs today I am
forced to offer one of a serious nature.
      As I write I received word that a
dear family friend has left us for her
new home in Heaven.
      Peg Biscombe was married to my
best friend Bob. I've been friends with
him since Grade School and with Peg
since they were married 50-years-ago.
My wife met Peg about the time we
were married and their friendship
developed immediately.
       We have shared so many memories!
 I remember, for instance, playing ball
in the back yard of Peg's family's home
the very day she married Bob! And the
many visits we shared with she and Bob
as our and their kids were growing up.
Though our homes are separated by many
miles we have found ways and time to
come together as often as possible.
   Peg was always fully of energy!
She was a Physical Education teacher
and was always so very fit.
       A few years back she was diagnosed
with Parkinson's Disease and, shortly
thereafter, her memory began to fade.
Eventually it became clear she had
Alzheimer's which robbed her of both
memory and her ability to communicate
with others.
        The physical Peg was still there. Go
on a hike with her just 4 or 5 years ago
and you'd be hard pressed to keep up.
But as the disease progressed she could
so less and less for herself. Bob was her
care giver through those years and did
whatever was necessary to provide for
the woman he vowed to be with "for
better or worse."
        For several weeks now it became
clear that the end was near. Bob took
her to Wyoming where their son Jason
was able to visit and where Kelly, their
daughter, and her family reside.
        As it was for all of their lives, Bob
was always there. Right until she passed.
         I have written a pome for Bob
reflecting on his walk through life
with Peg. Allow me to share just a
short portion of it with you in her
honor and for his sake.

        "I was called to make this
this journey by the Lord God up
above..
    And in truth I'm walking with you
 still.  For you'll always be my love."

       Farewell for the moment dear
friend. We'll see you later.
        Dave & Leona DeCosmo
         
        

1 comment: