Monday, August 20, 2018

THE ART OF SLIDING!


  TUESDAY, AUGUST 21ST., 2018
       THE ART OF SLIDING!

    There's just something about sliding
that makes one feel good. As long as
it's not in your car on an icy road!
     My wife and I were at the Little
League World Series in South
Williamsport yesterday to take in a
couple games. I used to love to slide
when I played softball although some
leagues prohibit it. Usually the rule
is designed to protest the slider, not
so much the fielder.
       We saw a couple good slides by
players. But there were a lot more
exhibited by some fans!
        It's almost as traditional as
Little League itself. Kids show up
on the steep hill overlooking
Lamade Stadium with huge pieces
of cardboard which they use as
sleds to carry then down the slope.
         When the grass becomes too
chewed up to work well they improvise.
Sometimes they'll make their own
track out of carboard and use it as
their runway. A few brave souls
wrap their carboard in a circle
then climb inside and roll down
the hill. It's fun to watch but I
won't try it.
          I have learned over the
past few years that I am often
able to slide, on anything, just
by walking. I therefore stay
clear of things like ice, hills,
and wet surfaces whenever
possible!
           Hope, if you do slide, you're
called "Safe" and that all your NEWS
is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment