Thursday, February 13, 2020

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME....


    THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH., 2020
       A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME..

    Shakespeare tells us "A rose by any other
name would smell as sweet." So, pick one
for yourself! Not a rose! A name!
     February 13th is "Get a different name
Day." It's a copyrighted "holiday" created
by Wellcat.com
     Lots of my colleagues in the media
picked different names for their shifts on
the air! And not for just a day.
      Frank Andrews is really Francis Shimkus.
      Veteran TV personality J. Kristopher was
the "on air name" for Stephen Kotch.
       Former WILK DJ "Brother Bruci" was
Bruce Fenstemaker and his sportscaster
co-worker Guy Randall was, in reality,
the late Guy DeFrancisco.
        Sometimes broadcasters changed
their names because their new moniker
fit their special assignment.
         Rusty Fender did traffic reports.
Rusty is Dale Mikolaczyk.
          Sometimes stations required people
to use different names. That was the case
at WNEP when Craig Davis joined the
staff.  There was another popular "Craig"
on air so Davis borrowed his brother's
name and became Mark Davis! I still
don't know what I'm suppose to call
his brother!
           Although my name is the same
one I was born with I was also know as
Double Dee, during my DJ days. And I
wrote a newspaper column under the
pen name Bart Summers. (Don't ask me.
The newspaper picked it!)
           There are plenty of other examples.
Today it's your turn so pick a good one,
at least for the day!
             Hope Rose picks a good name,
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment