Monday, February 24, 2020

I'M AWFULLY FOND OF YOU!


      TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH., 2020
          I'M AWFULLY FOND OF YOU!

    It's February 25th everybody.
    It's Mardi Gras, Paczki Day,
 International Pancake Day, and Fat Tuesday!
 All that celebrating. Much of it involving
donuts and other pastries.
    Is it any wonder there's another
observance that sort of gets lost in the mix?
    Just so you're all aware today is
"Rubber Ducki Day!"
    It was on this date in 1970 that Sesame
Street's Muppet character "Ernie" (voiced
by Jim Henson) first sang the tune
dedicated to his favorite bath time toy!
    It was so popular they recorded a
45rpm record which actually hit number
16 on Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 Hits!
    I happen to be the proud owner of a
Rubber Ducki. In fact I may even have
two! My 4-year-old grandson has
discovered one of those Crane machines
where a dollar lets you play until you
win. And the prize bin is filled with, you
guessed it, Rubber Duckies! He's given
me a couple of his prizes!
      I must admit, since he's the one who
gifted me, I'm awfully fond of my
Rubber Duckies!
      I think I'll put them in a place of
honor today. Right in front of me on the
table while I eat a couple donuts!
      I just love these special days! Hope
you do too and that all your NEWS is
good!

(Note: It is "Ducki" and not "Ducky.")
 

No comments:

Post a Comment