Saturday, February 8, 2020

WRITE ON!


   SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH., 2020
                    WRITE ON!

    The second week of February marks
"Freelance Writer Appreciation Week!"
     I do a bit of freelance writing for
an insert published in the Scranton
Times every other month. I write a
column for grandparents.
      And then there's this daily blog
of mine!
      It's a real challenge to come up
with material every day. But since I
tend to focus, generally, on nutty
things I do or that happen to me I
can usually come up with something.
      On Friday, for instance, we set
out to buy a pre-owned car. They
used to call them "Used cars."
       You may remember that Friday
started out with heavy rain which
turned into a combination ice and
snow storm. Not your typical car
buying weather. Unless you're me.
        Fortunately the vehicle I was
after was an SUV and I got to give
that 4 wheel drive a real test! I could
tell you I planned it that way. Makes
for a far better story!
         Anyhow, this is your big
chance to be appreciated. The
web offers all sorts of writing
opportunities including blogs
like mine,
         Everybody has a story or two.
And I'll bet a few of them are as
crazy as mine!
        You should remember that the "free"
in freelance may mean you don't get
paid. I don't make a cent on my daily
blog and my wife says I'm worth every
penny!
        Hope I get to read your
freelance writings and that all
your NEWS is good.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment