Tuesday, February 4, 2020

OUR DRIVER'S TESTS!


  WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH., 2020
              OUR DRIVER'S TESTS!

    My 16-year-old grandson got his
Driver's License Tuesday! He finally
mastered the art of parallel parking
and now joins the ranks of his sister
and two older cousins who can
legally drive.
       Coincidentally I was being
tested Tuesday too. In my case,
however, there was no instructor
checking to see where I held the
steering wheel or whether I
remembered to use my turn signals.
        I was driving my wife to
Philadelphia for a doctor's appointment
timed to get me to the "City of Brotherly
Love" just in time for the morning rush
hour!
         I entered Philly by way of the
infamous "Schuylkill Expressway."
The Schuylkill, know by many as the
"Sure-Kill." was obsolete just about
the time it opened in the 1950's.
          There are multiple merging
areas and exits that go off to the
left and right.
            During the peak driving
hours you;ll find drivers either at
a dead  stop, or putting the peddle
to the metal to speed between the
areas where nobody's moving!
           Seems to me NASCAR
drivers should be training there.
Or, maybe they are!
             After escaping the city
by going the other way after the
appointment I got my wife safely
home then headed northwest to
Laceyville (west of Tunkhannock)
to pick up some items I bought in
an on line auction.
              By the way, through all
that traffic and all those miles, I
didn't have to parallel park anywhere!
               I'm happy my grandson
passed his test. I think I did as well.
Hope we both drive safely where
ever we go and that all our NEWS
is good.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment