Friday, February 7, 2020

ARE YOU READY FROM SOME FOOTBALL!?


               
               SATURDAY, FEBRUARY  8TH., 2020       ARE YOU READY FROM SOME FOOTBALL?!

       How about that? We're just about getting done
talking about Super Bowl, or the Half Time show
anyway, when a new season is beginning.
        The new XFL Football League plays its first
game today.
         I'm not what you'd call a football fanatic. I
enjoy watching the game, especially in the
company of my son-in-law and two of my grandsons
who are big Philadelphia Eagles fans.
           I often have some other game on while I'm
working on my laptop. But I have to look up from
time to time to remind myself who's playing and
what's the score.?
            In all honesty a spark of interest flared up
in my mind when I heard that Scranton Native
Matt McGloin had signed to play quarterback
for the New York Guardians.
             McGloin was a walk on quarterback
for Penn State after playing for West Scranton
High School. He played for several NFL teams
beginning with the Oakland Raiders.
              I don't know him personally but I do
know his dad, Paul, a real gentleman and, of
course, a very proud father.
               The new XFL has some interesting
rules that vary from the NFL supposedly
designed to make the game more interesting.
I'm not sure how die hard NFL fans will
receive this new effort or whether it will have
staying strength to survive. It does give some
decent players a second chance. I wonder
if they could use an old announcer?
                  I'll be watching, if for no other
reason,to support McGloin.and enjoy a few
snacks on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
                  Hope it works out for him and
the league and that all your NEWS is good.
                 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment