Sunday, February 16, 2020

WHERE'S WALDO?


    MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH. 2020
               WHERE'S WALDO?

        Let me begin by saying I don't know
where Waldo is. But, apparently, Amazon
thinks I'm him! And they can find him
either!
        I don't buy hundreds of things from
Amazon but I have purchased a few and
they've all arrived at my house or in my
mailbox with no problem. Until now!
        My wife found a board game she
really enjoyed playing while we were
visiting my brother-in-law a couple
weeks ago. I decided to but it for her
as a Valentine's Day present.
         There it was! On Amazon. So
I placed my order. No need to fill out
all the address line. The company already
had it from past purchases.
         The expected delivery date was
February 17th. That's today.
         I was pleasantly surprises, however,
when I got an email informing me my
package would arrive on Valentine's
Day!  It didn't.
          Amazon provided a tracking
number. When I called it up I learned
there was a "problem" with the delivery.
It didn't elaborate. But the tracking
information indicated there was an
attempted delivery at around 7:30
on Valentine's Day and that the package
was taken to the company's Hazleton
Center.
           There was also a note indicating
they would "Try again." But there was
no tracking information for February
15th.
           The tracking picked up again
on Sunday when it reported our
package "out for delivery."
            Our phone rang shorty after
7 Sunday night. It was an Amazon
delivery driver. He said he was having
trouble locating us. He was searching
around Drums, just outside Hazleton.
              The driver told me he was
on his way from Mountaintop to
White Haven. I indicated we'd be
home all night and would stand by
my phone to provide specific
instructions should he need them.
               Minutes before 8 I received
another Amazon email indicating our
package was, again, taken back to the
"Carrier facility."
               I tried calling the delivery
driver's number but received an
automated response from Amazon
indicating I could not call that
number directly!
             I found a customer service
line on my laptop and spent 15
minutes explaining the situation to
an agent  who, in turn, had someone
from the area distribution center call
me. 
           Although the Postal Service,
FedEx,and U.P.S. have had no
trouble finding us Amazon's
GPS thinks we're somewhere near
Drums.
            The spokesman at the "local
center" assures me that has been
corrected and our package will
arrive tomorrow. If it doesn't I may
consider moving to Drums!
            Hope the package shows up
and that all your NEWS is good!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment