Friday, February 14, 2020

WONDER WHAT THIS ONE DOES?


     SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 15TH., 2020
      WONDER WHAT THIS ONE DOES?

    I bought a new car last week. Well, new to
me anyway.
     The original manual is in the glove
compartment and I plan to read it...one of
these days.  In the meantime I've got places to
go and things to do so I'm learning as I go.
      You do that at your own risk!
       It was snowing the day we bought the
SUV and it immediately proved itself with
effective four wheel drive.
       The center switch on the ceiling, however,
is not for the dome light nearby. It opens the
sun roof! That's probably really great when
it's sunny. But it's not quite as impressive
when it's snowing!
         I now have heated seats. They are
extremely comfortable in the cold, But I've
already learned it helps to know which way
to throw the switch when you're totally
cooked! That's a lesson better learned when
you're not driving.
         It's a similar story with regard to the
button I now know automatically adjusts
the driver's seat to its pre-set position. It
would seem the driver before me was about
5 feet tall and 90 pounds. I draw that
conclusion from the fact my seat rose in
elevation and moved forward enough to
crush my stomach against the steering
wheel when I pushed that button.
         I'm oh so glad this vehicle is not
equipped with an ejection seat!
         There are still a few more knobs
and switches I haven't yet engaged. Testing
them should be fun!
           Hope one turns on that dome light
and that all your NEWS is good!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment