Tuesday, February 25, 2020

THE ROADS LESS TRAVELED!


   WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH., 2020
         THE ROADS LESS TRAVELED!

       A funny thing happened to me on the
way back from the auction yesterday. I
got lost. Well, specifically, I found myself
on roads I had never been on before!
        If you realized how much I've
traveled on roads throughout northeastern
and central Pennsylvania you'd be amazed
too!
        News stories have taken me to every
county and most every community over
the years. Add to that my efforts to seek out
back roads during my summertime Miata
adventures!
         On Tuesday, however, I wanted to
check out another auction site somewhere
between Honesdale and Carbondale.
          I entered the address in my GPS
which quickly directed me onto a side
road I never knew existed! That road
lead to others I'd never seen. And while
I knew the general region I was in the
houses, farms, and ponds I saw were all
new to me. For a short time I wondered
if I had turned into the Twilight Zone!
I could almost hear Rod Serling narrating
my journey.
          "A former news reporter becomes
a headline when he vanishes onto a narrow
lane. The sign post reads...the Twlight
Zone."
           About 20 minutes later I came to
an intersection I had traversed many
times before. But never from the
direction I used yesterday!
            I'd like to retrace the route in
the Miata this summer. If I can find it!
Amazing what you'll find just a bit off
the "usual routes!"
           Hope I find a couple more and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment