Friday, February 28, 2020

NOW YOU SEE HIM, NOW YOU DON'T!


   SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 29TH., 2020
NOW YOU SEE HIM, NOW YOU DON'T!

    It takes a lot of gumption to pay today's
movie prices to go "see" The Invisible Man.
I mean who wants to pay to not see somebody?
But that's what my wife and I did Friday.
    I've always been a fan of stories
involving an Invisible Man. And we both
enjoyed the movie.
    The character was originally created
by H.G. Wells, the author who brought
you the classic science fiction stories
The Time Machine and War Of The
Worlds to name just a couple.
     My introduction to the Invisible
Man came in reruns of a 1933 movie
starting Claude Rains. There was a
sequel and a couple other versions
over the years including Kevin Bacon's
role in Hollow Man twenty years ago.
      I know my acting experience is
limited to just a few lines in the 2015
romantic comedy All In Time. But
I'm certain I could play the Invisible
Man! I'm pretty good at not being
seen. In fact I've got years of
experience playing hide and seek!
     And there are many who would
tell you I've got just the face for this
part!
      If any film producers are thinking
about still another version of this
classic I'm going to apply! I'll
begin by not showing up for audition,
then call to ask them how they thought
I did!  Who knows, maybe you won't
be seeing me in the lead!
       Hey what do you want? It's Leap
Year Day! Hope all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment