Monday, February 3, 2020

WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?


      TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH., 2020
      WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?

   I sold one of our cars Monday. I'm
looking for something a little bigger to
handle our hauls from the weekly auction.
   I spent a couple hours cleaning out the
vehicle and wondered, all the while,
"Where did all of this come from.?"
   I knew there was a pair of sunglasses
stored away in that small compartment
just above the driver's seat.
    I think I even remember throwing
that set of work gloves between the
two front seats.
    The Styrofoam cup filled with rocks
in the rear door drink holder threw me
a bit. Then I remembered my grandson
gathering them. I still don't remember
why.
     Then there's the "headphone looking
device" I found fastened to the passenger's
sun visor. It may be part of an air freshener
"thing" we got a year or two back. I may
never know.
     I believe the small rubber duck I
found is another remnant left behind by
my grandson.
      The folded paper sheets in the door
compartments are maps. They're the
things we used to use to get us places
before that voice in my GPS until
started telling us where to go. I'm keeping
them....just in case.
        I'm also holding onto the stack of
napkins I came across in the center
console. I believe it to be a collection
gathered during visits to various fast
food drive troughs.
          There was a Telephone Directory
under the driver's seat. Funny. I can't
remember ever having a telephone
under there!
            The diaper, new and unused,
was probably stored in there for
emergencies about 3 years ago.
              Maybe I should have left
some of the stuff as conversation
pieces? Hoped the new owners
don't need any of those "treasures"
and that all their, and your, NEWS
is good!
     
       

No comments:

Post a Comment