Sunday, March 11, 2012

"Beep=Beep!" I'm "Cruising" again!

   I can go cruising again! And, if you pull
out in front of me, I can blow my horn!
   Yep! I ordered the part my son told me
to get a couple days ago. On Friday he
came up, installed the part, and put my
dash board back together.
    The part in question controls, among
other things, the horn and my cruise control.
    It turned out to be an exciting
installation!
    See, here's the thing.....the guy who
had the car before me put in these neat
little red lights under the dash and under
the front seats.
    When you turn on the headlights, these
little red lights cast their soft glow on the
floor. It's kind of like those red lights they
turn on in all the submarine movies when
they're under water.
    Anyhow, the wires for those little red
lights were kind of hidden here and there.
     And, as my son pointed out, none of the
wires were connected to any fuses!
     So, as he replaced the screws that hold
the dash in place one of them apparently
cut into one of the wires for the little red
lights.
    My son could tell there was something
wrong. He's had extensive training on
12 volt electrical systems.  Besides, it was
hard not to notice the smoke that was
filling the cabin!
    So.......he took the dash apart.......again
and either detached (or ripped out)  the
troublesome wire before it could burn
down my van!
    That's pretty good work when you're
jammed between the dash, the seats, and
the floor and fumes are filling your lungs!
    Knowing that I kind of liked the little
red lights he's decided to wire them
correctly.
    And, until he gets the wires and fuses,
I'll be able to use my cruise control and
"beep" my horn anytime I want!
   I may just have to keep the windows
down awhile to clear the air inside.
   Little red light wires make lots of smoke
when they're melting!
   Maybe we should have told him they
were hidden in there?
   Hope you're "wired right" and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment