Thursday, March 8, 2012

HOMEWORK!

  We got to spend some quality time with two
of the grand kids yesterday.
   I picked them up at school to bring them
home for diner and a couple of games.
   But first.......they had to do home work!
   I don't remember "homework" being quite
like this! Then again I tried awful hard to
forget homework once I got out of school.
   There were some teachers who might
have suggested I forget it long before that!
    Anyway, my grand daughter brought a
backpack full of books, papers, and
homework with her.
     It looked innocent enough.
     But it must have weighed as much as
a typical car battery!
     I guess the idea is......if they're not
good students.....they'll at least be strong
enough for manual labor!
     She won't have to worry about that.
     She's a straight "A" student!
     She must take after me. I got an "A"
one time!
      My grandson had me help him
after dinner.
      I guess he was working on some kind
of project that combined geography and
math.
      I think he called it "Texas five card
holdem."
      I guess it's good when you can make
homework fun. But I'm not sure I learned
too much.
     It did involve a lot of math!
     And,  I must admit, we worked hard on
addition and subtraction!
     My grandson  kept adding the numbers
he got on various playing cards.  
     And I kept subtracting various colored
chips from the stacks I got at the
beginning of the project! For some reason,
I suppose it had something to do with
division, he collected the clips I gave up.
      When their Mom picked them up to
go home later I was able to help my
grand daughter with her homework too.
      I carried her backpack to the car!
      Hope you're supporting education
and that all you NEWS is good.







No comments:

Post a Comment