Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Get an Ear full of this!

  I suppose many of you are thinking about
Chester Greenwood today! And rightfully
so!
  Old Chester's invention came in pretty
handy for some of us over the years and
many a mom will be celebrating this
special "holiday" created in his honor!
   What holiday? You mean you didn't
know?
   I thought everybody was aware March
13th is  "Ear Muff Day!"
   Maybe you just didn't hear about it
because your ears were covered?
   It's always observed on March 13th.
   That's the day, in 1877, when Chester
Greenwood patented the "Champion Ear
Protector."  No, I didn't cover that story!
   According to the Holiday insights web
site they became know as ear mufflers and,
later, ear muffs."
   With temperatures predicted near 70
today there's a chance we may not see
too many ear muffs today.
   Yet I've know my wife to carry and
wear a par in mid summer when I've
got the Miata top down and there's a
cool breeze towards dark. Or when I
set the van's air conditioning system
to a level that's comfortable for me
but too cold for her!
    If you see anyone wearing ear
muffs today you should probably
congratulate them for their knowledge
of history and the importance of this
anniversary. You should then see if
you can get them help!
    I think Chester would be glad to
know his invention has survived and
prospered over the years....at least in
some climates!
    Hope you won't be needing your
ear muffs for awhile and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment