Monday, March 12, 2012

It's About Time!

   OK. If you followed the instructions you
got up at 2am yesterday morning and set all
of your clocks one hour ahead!
   That's 2am Sunday!
   So, today, you should be trying to figure
out why your body clock hasn't made the
adjustment.
   We've got about 5 clocks in our house.
    Two of them are built into DVD units.
    I used to spend a lot of time trying to
remember what buttons I had to hold and
push to reset those clocks.
     Then, somewhere along the line, I
figured out they were programmed to
reset themselves!
     How do they do that? I mean, we've
even changed the start and finish dates
for daylight savings time. But the units
still know when to change.
     Hold on.....One of my units dosen't
know how to do that! I'll have to find
the instructions.
     Then there's those clocks in your
car! I've got three vehicles and none
of the clocks reset the same way.
      By the time I get them adjusted
they're at least two minutes behind!
     Guess I shouldn't complain.
     I spotted some workers in
Pittston trying to get their street
corner clock back in place.
    It's the size of a commercial washing
machine!
    After 12 years it needed some
maintenance and a paint job.
     They had to lift it with a crane,
reconnect the power, then bolt it
in place.
      After all that work I pointed out
that all for of the clock's faces were
displaying the wrong time! (Unless
you're reading this at 6 o'clock!)
      I was told the clock will adjust
itself automatically!
      I'll be checking to make sure it's
right. Of course I can't check it against
any of my car clocks because each of
those is about 3 minutes off!
     Hope you got a nap to make up
for that missing hour and that all your
NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment