Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hy-Yo Dinosawruh!

    The title line is a lyric from the 1960 hit
"Alley Opp" by the Hollywood Argyles.
    It came to mind as I started thinking
about dinosaurs!
    And why, you may ask, was I thinking
about dinosaurs?
    It's actually a logical thought..... sort of.
   But you'll have to try to follow my logic
   It all started when my son mentioned
seeing a movie about Polka King Jan
Lewan.
   In case you don't remember, or never
heard the name, Lewan is a Grammy
nominated showman who went to prison
for his part in a securities scheme.
   Now you may be wondering what Lewan
has to do with dinosaurs.
   I'm glad you asked!
   Before the "Polka King" went to the
pokey he operated a gift shop in Hazleton
where he sold souvenirs from his native
Poland. He gave me something from that
shop many years ago.
   It was a piece of amber with a
mosquito inside!
   Now think back to the movie Jurassic Park!
   Remember how they cloned dinosaurs
from the blood  they took from mosquito's
trapped in amber? See, the mosquito's had
bitten dinosaurs before they got trapped in
the tree sap that became amber.
   So they took the dinosaur's DNA from
the mosquito and implanted it in a frog's
egg to make a dinosaur.
   If modern science would just take a hint
from the movie we could be making
dinosaurs!
   And maybe my piece of amber would
be valuable!
   I guess that's why dinosaurs have
been on my mind....what else could prompt
those thoughts?
   Hope I've got you thinking about them
too and that all your NEWS is good

No comments:

Post a Comment