Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Octopus In My Car!

  Those of you who read my blog on a
regular basis probably aren't surprised
by the title of this essay!
   After all, I've already admitted to an
ongoing search for the Swedish Fish
that scattered inside the vehicle one
afternoon.
   But yesterday I saw the "Octopus!"
   Granted, the arms were actually
wires...not tentacles. But they seemed
to be everywhere!
    They were uncovered by my son who
was on a sort of "fishing expedition" to
solve my "Road Rage problem."
    You see I haven't been able to show
any road rage for the past couple weeks
because my horn stopped working!
    My first thought was to check the
fuse. But my handbook didn't have
any listing for a horn fuse. Besides,
even if if did, I'd have to find it then
determine if it was or was not burned
out.
    Since my son is a expert on the
12 volt systems that power electrical
things in a car....I called him!
    It was a smart move.
    After pulling off half the dash and
removing the steering wheel he traced
the problem to something called a
"Clock Spring" device (or something
like that!).
    He assured me it has nothing to do
with winding the car's clock!
    Anyway he told me what to order
so I did it. When it comes he should be
able to restore my horn so I can "Beep"
at you if you pull out in front of me
without warning or wait for 30 seconds
before going forward after the light
has turned green.
     That will be nice.
     He has even replaced the steering
wheel so I can continue to drive while
I wait for the parts to come in.
     I can't wait! I feels so silly rolling
down the window and yelling.."BEEP!"
     Hope your "Clock Spring" is working
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment