Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Disaster Movie

  Yesterday's rain and wind prompted me to
visit a nearby Redbox machine so I could
sit out part of the day with a good movie!
   Redbox is a company that sets out movie
vending machines at high traffic spots like
Walmart and Turkey Hill stores. It used to
rent its movies for about a dollar a night.
The rate is over a dollar twenty now. I guess
that had to increase the price since they
can't sell you popcorn!  
   We've seen enough "name" features
lately. So I'm at the stage where I'm
looking for a movie we either missed in
the theaters or has a title that attracts my
interest.
    Always interested in adventure, action,
and aviation, the "tease" for the movie
"Air Collision" immediately attracted my
attention.
      If you're thinking of watching this movie
you may not want to read any further. I hope,
however, that you stay with me.
     The premise involves a faulty high tech
air control system and its impact on a
commercial airliner and Air Force One!
    Unless drastic measures are taken, and
on time, a collision seems inevitable!
     Most would label it a "Disaster
Movie!
     And, after watching all 90 minutes I
completely agree.
     This movie is a DISASTER!
     In fact it is a complete disaster!
     I can accept stretching things a little
for the sake of "Artistic License."
     But in terms of "'stretching" this movie
is like a taffy pulling contest!
     Imagine being on an aircraft that
survives a missile strike (in fact even after
tearing a hole in the fuselage this missile
is whole enough to be tossed out through
the hole it created!), having bits of its
roof ripped off as it scrapes another
airplane (in mid air), then hits its wing
and other parts on several buildings
before successfully landing on a field,
then waiting till everyone gets off before
blowing up!
      Boeing may want to use this one as
a commercial for quality construction!
      And that doesn't even hint at the
story line involving the people on board
Air Force One!
      It's not the worst movie I've ever seen.
      (That would probably be Apollo 18)
      But if you're facing a rainy day and
looking for some entertainment you
might want to choose reading a cereal box
before renting "Air Collision!"
      Hope you're doing your best to avoid
disaster and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment