Friday, June 29, 2012

"SMILE"...You know what today is!

  It's June 29th and that means it's "Camera Day!"
  After all my years in television I've seen my share
of cameras. Actually, I was a camera buff well before
my TV days. I got that from my Dad who was always
taking pictures. He and I used to develope our own
film! (You'll have to explain the term "film" to any
younger readers!)
   Cameras have changed a lot over the years!
   In television the poor photographers used to have
to lug around big heavy units and battery belts to
supply power to the light they needed when
shooting inside.
    One of our stringer photographers back at the
old WDAU made quite an impression when his
battery belt shorted out and caught on fire while
he was wearing it! It's the only time I remember
a fire coming to a cameraman instead of a
cameraman going to a fire! He wasn't
injured....just embarrased.
     I carry a very cheap (and that term seems
appropriate in many ways) camera when I go
walking. I have it just in case I see something
interesting for the blog!
    I got some great shots during one stroll
only to drop the camera and have the
batteries fall out when I got home. Of course as
soon at those batteries hit the deck all of the
photos were lost.
    They used a real neat camera on me while I
was in the hospital. It was an "Ultrasound"
device with which they could actually see
inside my chest.
     I got a little excited when I saw the immage.
     It looked like I might be having  Quadruplets!
     Turns out it was my heart and there are 4
separate chambers! Each was kicking away....and
that's a good thing!
      They said they needed that video so it's a
good thing their batteries didn't fall out!
       These days there are cameras everywhere.
       I can actually go to my computer and
switch on a so-called Web Cam to look in on
the city of Lucerne in Switzerland!
        I can punch up any one of a number of
PennDot cameras and check traffic on the
Interstate (I think I saw you going a little
fast the other day!).
        You can even go to Goggle or some other
sites and get a satellite photo of your house!
        So make sure you're dressed properly!
        Hope you get the picture, enjoy your
photo memories, and that all your NEWS is
good!














No comments:

Post a Comment