Saturday, June 2, 2012

Lights Out!

   I'm beginning to think I'm being followed!
   On the other hand, maybe it's just those guys
from "Storm Chasers" doing their job!
   Last Sunday as you regular readers already
know, my wife, two grand kids and I were
stranded for several hours in a torrential
rain storm that washed out sections of road
ahead and behind my car.
   A couple of days later we were at my
camper when the sky opened up. We had to
push the water out of our drouping
awning three times! There was enough water
to fill a small swimming pool!
   Yesterday, strong winds showed up ahead
of the heavy rain. We had been at the movies
so we counted on getting home before the
storm to stay dry and get some projects
wrapped up on my laptop.
   But just as we walked in the door.....the lights
went out! Seems those winds took down a tree
and that tree took down some power lines!
   It would have been like "Little House On
The Prairie were it not for.....Batteries!
  Yep, batteries.
  They gave us light, enabled us to play the
radio (at least one of them), and even
allowed me to use my laptop!
   Not so bad!
   And, unlike when we were stranded in our
car, we had food in the house!
   Since the phone was still working we
called PPL to make sure the utility was aware
of our situation.
   To their credit the folks there were already
on the case and, as promised, called back
several times with updates. They ended up
fixing it an hour ahead of time!
    So, as I write, the lights, TV, and computer
are all back on good old household
electricity. But the flashlights, and batteries
are still on "stand by"....just in case!
    Hope you're out of the storm and that all
your NEWS is good!













.

No comments:

Post a Comment