Monday, June 4, 2012

FORE!!!!!!!!

  You have to be on the alert when you're walking
around a golf course!
   We were at a tournament yesterday. Not to play.
 But, rather, to lend our support to a wonderful
cause.
   The tournament was established to support a college
scholarship in memory of Nicole Spencer, a beautiful
and talented young lady who left us far too soon.
    A lot of golfers turned out to show their support.
    And, of course, to try to win their game!
    I wasn't playing so  I got to make a few
observations.
    Since golf, unlike many other sports, doesn't
include uniforms, players are allowed to wear
whatever they'd like. There were some
interesting choices including one pair of slacks
that may have been specifically designed to
distract the other players! No way you could
keep your eye on the ball with this guy in your
foursome!
     I caught one really great putt just as the ball
rolled into the hole.
    Why couldn't I putt like that back in my
golfing days?
     The trio I used to play with only saw me on
the tee and, eventually, on the green. I hit the
ball with what they call a "slice."  My buddies
would walk down the course towards the green
while I searched the brush or woods for my ball
which had sailed to the far right somewhere.
      I did spot one ball that may have been hit by
a golfer of my caliber. It was right near the tree
line with a rabbit standing nearby.
      I told my grand daughter I thought it was a
Rabbit egg. She explained that rabbits don't
lay eggs. They just bring them for Easter.
       Somebody did yell "Fore" while we stood
near the course. I guess I've heard it yelled
before. But the sudden "Thud" on a nearby
tree did make an impression! And not on the
tree!
      Anyhow it was a good day for a great cause.
      And even if I couldn't compete for a
trophy.......there was free ice cream! Now that's
a winner!
      Hope you're feeling up to par and that all
your NEWS is good!

































  

No comments:

Post a Comment