Thursday, September 27, 2012

A "Bundle" Of Joy?


  I've switched my "Bundle" provider!
  I didn't get a cake. Or a puppy.
  But I sure have a lot of "STUFF!"
  I don't remember even hearing the term
"Bundle" until recently. And I think I first
heard it in a TV commercial.
  When we first moved into our home, some
43 years ago, we had Cable television from
one company, our phone service from "the
Telephone Company" and Computer
service from............come to think of it......
we didn't have a computer!
   I did supplement my television selection
with a rotor  antenna that allowed me to
pick up a few stations from the Binghamton,
New York area.
   Years later  (many years) my cable still
worked fine, and I was still able to make and
receive telephone calls.
    But we got an old computer. For free. And
I wanted to "go on line."
    K-Mart offered disks from a company that
allowed you to do that, for free, through your
own telephone! It was OK. But very very slow.
    Then, the "for free" went away.
     I think I might have paid for the same slow
service for awhile before switching to a
Satellite service that worked with one of the
phone companies to give me TV, the phone,
and wireless computer service.
    It was our first "Bundle!"
    It was satisfactory for a couple of years.
    But a better offer came along and we decided
to grab it!
    My new "Bundle" gives me much higher
speed computer service, the same telephone
features and more television channels,
including High Definition stations, than I even
knew existed!
     We also got new controls and cables to
attach some of the other machines I have "in
house."
     We've got to return some of the "old stuff"
which is really a good idea because, at this
moment, I seem to have more controls that
the Space Agency!
     The cables resemble an octopus!
     As for the TV channels, there are so many
that by the time I've scanned the on-screen
guide I've probably missed at least one
show!
      I hope I keep the "STUFF" I need and send the
right "STUFF' back..........and.........that all your
NEWS is good!




























   

No comments:

Post a Comment