Friday, September 14, 2012

A Train, A Bus, and a Boat!

    Our adventure in New York State today,
as the title implies, included several means
of transportation!
    We set out early Thursday morning for
Utica where we boarded the Adirondack
Scenic Railroad.
    We found bus loads of other folks with
the same intention and a nearly full
excursion train.
     Later, a boat cruise, provided beautiful
views.
     A Shuttle bus took us from train to boat
and from boat to train after our sailing trip.
     I noticed that all three had a couple things
in common.
     Everybody wants to be the first on board,
get the best seat, then be the first off!
     Yet each has only one entrance!
      Still, once of board, each provided a neat
trip.
      The train was definitely favored by a
few of the younger folks on board. And I
don't mean kids. These particular "young
folks" seemed to appreciate the beer
concession. They certainly were supporting
the vendor as best they could.
     We had pre ordered lunch on the boat.
      It was to come in the form of Subway
sandwiches. They had already been loaded
by the time we got on board and it was our
understanding our names would be
announced when it was time to pick them
up.
     We were well beyond the half way mark
when my wife suggested I might ask about
our meal. That was a good suggestion!
     As it turns out they had been waiting
for us on the lower deck....probably just
after the trip began.
     This incident speaks well for the
"Seek and Ye Shall Find theory" which,
in some cases, can apparently save you
from starvation!
      We traveled from the train to the boat
on a Blue Bus. It was to be our means of
return as well. But, as the time for the last
return trip got near and our confidence
dwindled, we choose a green bus to make
the trip.
      I told the driver our group was color
blind and he seemed to buy it!
      All in all a great day as a close knit
group. Well...almost.
      My buddy, armed with his trusty camera
spent the day in an open air car so as to
allow better photographs.
      I expect by now he has washed the
Diesel dust from his face, clothes, and
camera.
      Oh wait a minute! I forgot! He did
wash up. He had too!
      At our post excursion dinner my
buddy ordered iced tea. My other friend
decided to have a Pepsi. Our young
waiter must have forgot who ordered
which so he mixed them together.....
all over our table and my friend's
knees! Both were wearing shorts.
     I not only had my big boy pants on
but was actually sitting an an adjoining table.
    I was sort of like Moses in the middle
of the parted sea!
    Our served apologized and my buddies
told him not to worry.
    I ordered another diet drink but asked
that he please serve it in my glass.
      Hope you know where you're
going and how you'll get there...and
that all your NEWS is good!






































 



No comments:

Post a Comment