Friday, September 28, 2012

Two Pair....that is.... Pear!

  

   Fall is upon us!
   Several flocks of geese have already
flown their formation over my home.
   The thermostat kicked the furnace
on the other night.
    And the leaves are beginning to
change colors.
    I noticed them on my neighbor's
tree this week.
    It's my favorite tree.....because he
lets me have the fruit it produces!
    It's a Pear tree.
    Interestingly enough, he didn't
know that when he bought it a few
years ago.
     I don't remember what he thought
it was. But I do remember how
surprised he was when, after just a
couple of years, it started to produce
loads of pears!  He hates pears!
     Over the last few years, when we
thought the time was right, we would take a
bag or two over and fill them with
pears.
     This year I've been kind of using
the tree like a sort of fruit convenience
store........just popping over every so
often to pick one for immediate
consumption!
     They're not the perfectly formed
pears you usually find in the
produce aisle. They're much smaller
and the skin tends to be very hard.
     But they taste pretty good and the
price is right!
     I looked at the tree yesterday
morning and there, among the
newly colored leaves, were just two
pears!
      I found that kind of sad!
      We do have a lot of peppers
friends have given us. But I like pears
better.
      You see, in my mind, two pear
beat a full house...of peppers!
       Hope next year's crop is huge and
that all your NEWS is good!







































   

No comments:

Post a Comment