Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baseball's Longest Slide!


     I remember when Baseball was called
"America's Past Time!"
     Stop by South Williamsport this week
and you'll quickly learn it's become an
"International Past Time" there!
      My wife and I,bored after some 15
hours at home after our 6-day tour of
Canada, took a car load of our Grand
kids to take in some of the Little League
World Series!
     We had no idea who was playing.
     They turned out to be teams
representing the Asia-Pacific Area and
Latin America!
      None of us knew the language,
or recognized their National Anthems.
But we sure knew the game they were
playing and that "connection" was kind
of neat.
      Of course the grand kids, like so
many other youngsters checking out
the World Series, just had to take their
turn trying "Baseball's Longest Slide."
      It's got nothing to do with stealing
second base!
      This slide is done on a piece of
cardboard on the steep hill surrounding
the Little League stadium!
      I couldn't do it. Not that I couldn't
push myself on the cardboard down the
hill. I just couldn't walk UP the hill in
the first place!
      I couldn't even wait properly! My
grand daughter handed me her quarter
eaten pretzel so she could try the hill
slide. She said she wanted me to hold
it for her. I thought she wanted me to
eat it. So, I did! Sorry about that! Your
hearing isn't as good with 11, 282 screaming
fans either cheering for their team or their
sliders!
      In the end the Latin American team
won the game in the bottom of the last
inning. Everyone who did some sliding
came away looking like they were winners.
     And I enjoyed the pretzel!
     Hope you enjoy the kids enjoying the
game, whatever it is, and that all your NEWS
is good!


























































         
    

No comments:

Post a Comment