Thursday, August 1, 2013

Depleting The Fleet!



       BLOG FOR FRIDAY, AUG 2nd.

        My own version of Sequestration has
resulted in a drastic cut in my naval armada!
        In other words, I've sold my boat. Well,
one of my boats.
        I have had my own "fleet" for a number
of years.
        It included what you might call a Bass
boat, a Jon boat, and a paddle boat.
        Family members get to use the paddle
boat from time to time. My legs are too long
and it's difficult to maintain a cruising speed
with out hitting my chin with my knees.
        The Jon boat, I call it "Jon Buoy,"  is
prefect when you want to sail away from
things. It's 8 feet long which means it's just
big enough for me, the oars, and my fishing
rod.
       The "Bass boat", was the flag ship of my
fleet. It was my biggest vessel, had a nice
out board motor, a electronic fish and depth
finder, and a nice long trailer to haul it
anywhere you wanted to go.
       It was also my Titanic! License and storage
fees were my iceberg, especially since I don't
have a tow car and the boat has been "sailing"
a parking lot for the past couple of years. It's
tough to cast a line when you're 60 yards away
from the water! I guess it was a good anchorage.
      So, earlier this week, I had one of those
two happy days in a boater's life. The first is
when you buy a boat. The second is when you
sell it!
      It's back to "Jon Buoy" for me so "Darn the
torpedo's, full speed ahead!"  Of course in this
case "speed"  is relative to how fast I can row!
      Hope your life is smooth sailing and that all
your NEWS is good!















No comments:

Post a Comment