Thursday, August 8, 2013

Who YOU Gonna Call?!

     BLOG FOR FRIDAY, AUGUST 9th.

     When I began this daily Blog over two years
ago I adopted a personal policy to say away, as
much as possible, from two subjects. They are
Politics and Religion.
      Today's subject, however, demands that I
vary that policy ever so slightly....for all of our
protection!
      My wife and I went to see the movie "The
Conjuring" yesterday.
      We're not big on Ghost movies. But the
basic review for this one "based on a true story"
pointed out that Paranormal researches Ed and
Lorraine Warren were a big part of this tale!
      We had the opportunity of meeting the
couple many years ago when they were doing
a lecture at an area Penn State campus. Since
we "knew them" we figured we'd be interested
in the story.
      It was, as you might imagine, a very scary
tale and I have absolutely no idea how much of
it was based on the Warren's actual investigation
of a family whose home was reportedly
"possessed by demon spirits."
      But there was one very familiar thread that
fit into this story just like it's shown up in most
of the other haunted house stories I've seen.
      Somewhere in the story line somebody calls
for an Excorism! Somebody then looks for a
Priest to preform the ceremony. He usually says
the Vatican has to give the OK.
     In "The Conjuring" a Priest expresses doubt
about getting an OK because the home owner's
kids weren't baptised!
    Now.....I have questions!
    Are ghosts exclusive to Catholic families?
     If they don't attend church on a regular basis
(the families that is) do they just have to put
 up with the evil spirits?
     Who does a Jewish family call to get an
Exorcism?
     Do Jewish or Protestant Ghosts have
different rules? If so, is the Rule Book available?
    These are the questions that are "haunting
me!"
     Since I don't really know who to call I'm
just going to do some "Exer-cise" to see if
that helps! Sorry. I penned  that myself. No
Ghost writer here!
     Hope you know who to call and that all
of your NEWS is good!

   (Ed & Lorraine Warren) 


































No comments:

Post a Comment