Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Leaf" Me Alone!


       I headed out for a short walk yesterday
afternoon. The sun was out. The sky was blue.
       All around our area people were watching
the sky. They were trying to get a glimpse of
Air Force One (or Two) as the President and
Vice President were leaving the area.
       I was looking up too. But for a different
reason.
       I've noticed a couple of trees in the region
that are already beginning to show their Fall
colors.
      I like Fall colors. But I'd much rather if
they'd show up in late September!
      Too many people seem to be pushing
Autumn!
      Two of my grand kids went back to
school.....last week! Two more will be back
in their classrooms next week.
       All before Labor Day!
       School Districts, we're told, are starting
early to allow for "snow days" and other
disruptions. The state requires schools to
hold at least 180 days of "instruction" each
year.
      I wonder how many of the legislators
who passed that law ever visited a public
school either at the beginning or the end of the
year. Especially the end!
      Seems there are often a few days in there
that don't involve a lot of "instruction."
      Then there's the "Halloween" supply
store that's been open for several weeks
now.
       Sorry gang. I'm not quite ready to sign
up for Fall just yet. Give me a few weeks...
OK?  I've got some Summer left to live!
       Hope you do too and that all your
NEWS is good!






























     

No comments:

Post a Comment