Saturday, August 17, 2013

  
     BLOG FOR SATURDAY, AUG 17TH
   Like Arnold said...."I'm Back."
   Blogging on my Canadian trip has
been a real challenge. And it's kind of
amazing.
   Pass most any motel these days and
 it's a pretty good bet you'll see a sign
 that reads "Free WiFi" outside.
   We have been staying at only 5 star,
 first class hotels where, as I mentioned
 in my last Blog, WiFi comes at the cost
 of nearly $14 a day.
    I decided to wait and watch for places
 where it's offered free to check my email
 and post my Blogs.
    One of those places is aboard a VIA
 passenger train....where I'm sending from
 now.
    Thursday and Friday night were spent
 in Quebec. It's a place where everyone
 speaks English and French. Well...maybe
 not everyone. You know. Like me, for
 instance.
     Even English is spoken with a French
 accent here. And, after just a few hours,
 you find yourself falling into the accent
 too!
     Most menus, posters, and directions
 are printed in both languages.
     That's why I had no trouble ordering
 that great steak last night! I wanted to go
 along with the  "two culture thing" though.
      So I ordered "French fries" as well. Good
 thinking..."We?"
      One of the great things here is the
 abundance of street entertainers! There are
 jugglers, trumpet players, contortionists,
 even those performers who stand so still
 you're not sure if they're a human or a
 statue.
    Each passes a hat of has a container into
 which they hope their audience drops
 money. Now I'm sorry I didn't bring my
 harmonica along. I've already got a hat!
     Well, again, I'll get back when time and
 free WiFi allows.
      You're all in charge till then! Hope all
 of your NEWS is good!  





























  

No comments:

Post a Comment