Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Can You Hear Me Now?


     Our latest barrage of Telemarketing attacks
features a prerecorded message warning us that
"Every three minutes a senior citizen in the
United States".......well......basically, faces some
form of danger. The calling company, of course,
has a product or service which can save us from
harm.
    But here's where things get complicated.
    If we hang up in the middle of the message
our phone sometimes rings immediately only
to put us back in the middle of the message.
    If we allow it to play we're given an option.
   "Press 1 now to take advantage of the offer"
or press 5 to decline. Maybe my "5 key" has
died from over load!
    But, somehow, neither option works!
    After listening to portions of this call
about 20 times I decided to do something
radical. I called the number that showed up
on my Caller ID. I was tempted to offer
numerical options to whoever answered.
    But.... got through to, you guessed it, an
automated message that offered a couple
of options.to me!
    "Press 1 now to take advantage of this
offer" or press 5 to have our number
removed from their contact list.
    Can you guess which one I selected?
    Now the wait begins. The wait to see
if it worked this time.  I should know
anytime. But I keep staring at the phone!
     Hope your "5 key" is working and
that all your NEWS is good!



























No comments:

Post a Comment