Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Night With The Penguins!


   I am not a Hockey fan. I don't dislike
the sport. I just don't really follow it.
   That said I joined a rather large group
of family and friends and headed to the
Mohegan Sun Arena last night to watch
the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in
a playoff game against the Binghamton
Senators.
   It's not an easy game to watch!
   We were 15 minutes into play when
I realized I was rooting for the wrong
team! Hey, I always thought the Penguins
had black and red uniforms! Last night
the other team did.
    It's a very fast game! But only in terms
of the speed displayed by the players.
They zoom back and forth on the ice
chasing this little black puck which I
actually spotted three or four times
during the game!
    Each "Period" goes on for 20 minutes,
not counting time outs. Then there's 15
minutes breaks during which 97% of the
crowd jams into the hallways and the
long lines at the concession stands.
   My grandson wanted a slice of pizza.
   But, you can't buy a slice of pizza, The
minimum purchase is three slices which
comes in at over 6 dollars!   
    This is not a place where one comes to
communicate!
     My wife sat in the seat next to mine.
I don't believe I heard anything she
said. That part is kind of like being at
at home.
    At the arena, however, everyone is
encouraged to yell, scream, and shout
throughout the contest. And most of
these fans do not need encouragement.
    It was loud during the regular time
periods. Louder during overtime. THEN
the home team won!!!!!!And the crowd
cheered louder than ever!
   My ears are still ringing!
   Hope I get some quiet time today
and that all your NEWS is good!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment