Monday, May 5, 2014

Tenting Tonight!


    My daughter and her husband are in
the process of buying a new home and
selling their old one.
    For at least a short period of time
 they will own both. A situation that
 will have them owning enough bedrooms
 to rival some local motels.
     That is just one of the reasons they
 no longer need the Pop Up Camper they
 bought several years ago.
      The unit served them well during the
 times they were able to use it. They and
 my grand kids enjoyed a number of
 camping expeditions to  fun and
 adventurous places.
       The kids especially enjoyed sleeping
 close to the great outdoors yet safe and
 secure on the pull out bunks of the small
 camper.
        Last year, however, the family
 schedule was so filled with other activities
 there was no time to hitch up the camper.
        They pulled it onto some driveway
 space behind our house to await another
 excursion. But the opportunity never
 came.
         So, the decision was made to offer
 the chance for adventure to some other
 family and the unit was placed up for sale.
         Before they knew it a gentleman
 called to make an offer, It's nice to know
 he has plans to take the Pop Up on some
 new adventures.
         My wife and I never used the camper.
         We owned a couple of travel trailers
 in years gone by and enjoyed camping
trips that took us from Maine to Florida
when our own kids were small.
           The kids and I had lots of fun. My
 wife had to fit hers in between making
 and unmaking beds, cooking on the
 tiny stove and doing dishes in a small
 sink often with only cold water.
           My biggest tasks involved hitching
and unhitching. driving in heavy traffic and
backing onto camp sites that often seemed
3 or 4 feet shorter  than they should have been!
          Then, there was the dump station!
Always a challenge in one way or another!
           In more recent times we've grown
 more accustomed to the comforts of a good
 hotel with maid service to clean up and a
continental breakfast awaiting us every morning.
          I may miss the sight of the old Pop Up
 parked just outside my bedroom window. But
 I look at it this way...I'm not losing a camper.
 I'm gaining a parking space!
         Hope your sleeping bag is warm and
 all your NEWS is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment