Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Roving" With My Wife!


   Somehow a year has passed since my
wife last celebrated a Birthday. So, she's
celebrating again today!
    I'm usually at a complete loss as to
what to get her for her birthday. Most
years, when you ask, she'll say.."I really
don't need anything." Or.."I pretty much
have everything I need."
   I suppose you could let it go at that.
   No. I don't think so!  .
   This year, however, she not only had
something in mind....she also suggested
that we get it before her birthday arrived!
   So, two weeks ago, we set out for
Lycoming County to get some "roving."
   I'm so glad we went together!
   I could just imagine her saying something
like..."Why don't you buy me some roving?"
   First, with my poor hearing, I probably
would have brought back a Cocker Spaniel
named "Rover."
   I mean, I've done a million stories on
a million subjects over the years. But the
word "roving" was never part of my
vocabulary.
   I admit I didn't have the faintest idea
what it was.
   Our destination should have been a tip
off. We were headed to a farm just
outside of Williamsport where a lady raises
sheep and goats.
   So, as it turns out, this "roving stuff" is
a piece of wool which has been combed,
drawn into a clump, and then twisted slightly
to hold the fibers together to prepare them
for spinning.
   My wife has a spinning wheel that she uses
for relaxation and, occasionally, for
demonstrations.
    I would have preferred getting her some
straw to spin into gold like that girl in the
Fairy Tales. But my wife insists that's a myth.
I still say it's worth a try!
    Anyway, I got her the roving, took her to
dinner at a nice restaurant, and bought her a
book she happen to spot in a gift shop along
the way.
    So, I guess I'm off the hook for today.
    Except, of course, to say "Happy Birthday
Honey" Love Ya!!!!!!!
    Maybe we'll get in the car today and do
a little "roving" around! Get it?
    Hope she has a great Birthday and that all your
NEWS is good!

















       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment