Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Looking For My Glasses!


    I finally gave in and got myself a
pair of prescription eye glasses.
    I'm not exactly sure why they call
them a pair since I only got one set.
    Anyway, the distance vision in my
right eye was a long way from being
sharp so I paid a visit to the Eye
Doctor who found the right lens to
correct the problem.
    He also suggested going the bifocal
route since I do a lot of work on the
computer. I rejected that and choose,
instead, to stick with my $10 "store
bought" reading glasses for my close
up work. That way I can always blame
the cheap glasses for mistakes in my
daily blog!
     But my new glasses do have one
very interesting and useful feature I've
come to appreciate.
     They suddenly turn into very dark
sun glasses when I go outside on a
bright day. They've actually done that
a few times over the past couple weeks
as the sun finally decided to show up
around here!
      The "down side" is that they don't
turn back into "regular" glasses all that
fast! I noticed that pretty quickly as I
drove into the parking garage at the Mall
at Steamtown the other day!
     I wondered why the parkade looked
so much like an underground mine until
I realized my glasses were still set on
what must be a beach setting!
     I am, however, getting use to wearing
my spectacles.
     That became clear as we left church
on Sunday. As I got into my car I noticed
my glass case resting on the dashboard.
      But the glasses, those new and I will
admit...expensive glasses were not inside!
Where could I have left them?
      I made it a point not to put them in my
pockets to avoid scratches. And I usually
don't put them down unless they're already
in their protective case.
     Fortunately my wife, being more
observant that I, solved my dilemma with
just three little words........"You're wearing
them!"
     By Jove....I was!
     I told you I was getting used to them!
     Hope you've read this with no problem,
and that all your NEWS is good!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you could go the surgery route and toss the irises out and have new multi-focal lenses installed, like I did. Automatic.. you never can get cataracs and if one is started, your insurance pays for it. Drawback: You have to get used to the wind blowing on your eyes. Also, the light passes is not the 100% as before, it is about 95% so I find I don't put sun-glasses on as often as before (Well, I had automatic dimming bi-focals before). Like Boggy and Bacall, here's looking at you, kid!

    ReplyDelete