Sunday, May 25, 2014

Under The Stars!


   Saturday proved to be a busy day for my
wife and me!
   We began with a Soccer game to see my
grand daughter play, , followed by lunch at
a very nice local restaurant.
    Afterwards My wife managed to fit a nap
into her Birthday schedule while I watched
the Yankees on TV.
    Next came a top down ride in the Miata.
    We enjoyed the back roads on our way to
visit family in the While Haven area.
    But as we headed towards home a little
later the day seemed somehow incomplete.
    Since Friday night's cloudy skies
prevented any view of the expected meteor
shower I decided my wife deserved an
evening under the stars!
    So.....I took her to the Drive In!
    I suspect half of you reading this had the
same idea since we found the place jammed
when we arrived about ten minutes before
show time.
    I used to miss those Drive In speakers.
But not last night!
    If the patrons had lined their cars in
between speaker poles I would have had
to watch the movie from the highway!
    Fortunately with everyone finding their
own space I was able to sneak the nose of
the Miata in between a sedan and an SUV.
     Sandwiched between those two
vehicles I was glad the people inside
either brought their own food or just
weren't hungry because there was no way
they were opening their doors without
crushing my fenders!
      It was tough to choose between the
feature and the billion or so stars overhead.
We sort of shared some time with both!
      It was nice, as my wife celebrated
another year, to take her back a few to the
days when a Saturday night at the Drive In
was part of growing up!
      The speakers may be gone but the screen
and the pop corn are still there and it's still
a great night out!
       Hope you checked out the stars too, on
the screen or in the sky, and that all your
NEWS is good!

















No comments:

Post a Comment