Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pork Cooks Slowly!


      We decided on something a little bit
different for our holiday cook out yesterday.
       Instead of the traditional hamburgers
my wife picked up a Pork loin to grace our
grill. I'll admit it sounded great!
       I wrapped it in aluminum foil to begin
the process then left for awhile to allow the
heat from those gas fed flames to penetrate
the meat.
     Pork cooks slowly!
     I had time to play catch with my grand
daughter then to row half away across a
lake with my grandson. I did allow him to
do most of the rowing!
     I returned a bit tired and fairly hungry
from my activities with the kids.
    But, upon examination, my wife found
the pork still "pink" on the inside. She
mentioned something about not taking
any chances with Salmon and Vanilla,
or trigonometry (or something like that)
and turned the flames up a little higher and
waited.
    Pork cooks slowly!
    The table was set. There were grapes,
strawberries, and chips to snack on
while the wonderful aroma of the pork
saturated the air. So we snacked a bit
then checked the grill again.
    Pork cooks slowly!
    Hunger, like time, waits for no one!
    So, even as the featured feast got
closer to its desired texture and
temperature, I was instructed to throw
an entire pack of Hot Dogs on the
section of grill unused by the cooking
pork.
    Hot Dogs cook quickly!
    We consumed most of the frankfurters
and even entertained the notion of
starting in on the Peanut Butter Pie
when word came through that the Pork
Loin was done!
    So with pork in one hand and the
pie standing ready close by we finally
completed the meal we had started to
prepare earlier in the afternoon.
    There's a moral to this essay.
    Add plenty of patience to your recipe
for Pork Loin and have a few Hot Dogs
standing by, just in case!
    Hope you enjoyed your day and meal,
whatever the menu, and that all your
NEWS is good!
    






No comments:

Post a Comment