Saturday, May 10, 2014

FORE!!!!!!


   Spring is here and it's time to get out there
and hit the links again!
    I look forward to the challenge each year.
    I especially like those Par 4 holes!
    You know. Those holes where you've got
to hit the ball right through the front door of
the little church to have any chance at a hole
in one!
    What? Of course I'm talking about Golf!
    Miniature Golf! This is National Miniature
Gold Day! Surely you knew!
     I know. The "purists" will tell you there's
nothing like "real golf" out there on one of
those award winning courses that covers
acres and acres.
     I've played that game "back in the day."
     I used to go out with three other guys.
But I'd only see them on the tee and, eventually,
on the green.
     My slice carried my ball a hundred and
fifty yards or so.....to the right. Usually into
the woods. With the animals!
     I think I used to rush myself too much. I
always had the feeling I was holding up the
players behind me. Of course that's because
I was holding up the players behind me.
     I finally broke a hundred in one of my
games. That's when I retired to miniature
golf.
     I get arguments that I should be out on
the long course getting exercise. Actually
I probably walk a lot more around those
little windmills and churches than those
guys who ride to every hole in their golf
carts!
     So put on the nickers and celebrate the
day by visiting a Miniature Golf course near
you!
    Hope you get a hold in one in the clown's
nose and that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment