Saturday, January 2, 2016

2 Days In The Twilight Zone!

 SUNDAY,JANUARY 3RD.

2 Days In The Twilight Zone!

  I've been in the Twilight Zone
for the past two days. Admittedly
there are those who would argue
I've been there a lot longer.
  In any case as the New Year
arrived the Syfy Channel began
broadcasting back to back
episodes of the series which
originally aired between 1959
and 1964.
   I had forgotten how many of
those shows were produced in
black and white! But, come to
think of it, color TV didn't show
up until the 1960's.
    I found myself pulled into the
marathon, much like a Twilight
Zone plot, and only turned away
to catch the Penn State Football
game. That was pretty much like
being in the Twilight Zone too!
     The series was created by Rod
Serling who was born in Syracuse
and grew up in near by Binghamton
New York.
     He did a lot for Science Fiction
and, I think, for the Tabacco industry!
It would be rare to find a photo of
him without a cigarette in his hand
or to find some character in any
episode who wasn't smoking!
     Serling wrote many of the scripts
for the series. But other notable writers
contributed as well. Ray Bradbury was
a contributor as was Earl Hamner Jr.
who created "The Waltons." It's too
bad it was cancelled before I started
my Blogs! I write nutty stuff with
surprise endings all the time! At
least they all surprise me! And
there's no smoking in any of them!
     I guess I'm stuck in the Zone until
Noon when the marathon comes to
an end. Unles I've actually stepped
in for good! We'll soon know!
     Hope I see you on the other side
and that all your NEWS is good!


 












No comments:

Post a Comment