Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Not So Evergreen!

     WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6TH.

           NOT SO EVERGREEN!

     I fight the end of Christmas. Even
now I am awaiting the arrival of
Russian Christmas even though there's
not a thread of Russian anywhere in me.
     And while I realize reality will grab
me whether I'm ready for it or not, I'm
not fond of being reminded.
      Thus it was my brief walk I took
while my wife was at a Doctor's
Appointment hit me like a pie in the
face. I was in Kingston.
      There they were. Tossed out along
the curb like old shoes. Less than a
week ago they adorned living rooms
throughout the community. The
centerpiece of our Christmas celebration.
Christmas trees. The fresh cut variety.
Some purchased from vendors, others
carefully sought out, tagged, and
possibly cut and hauled out of the
woods by the buyers.
        Ours, the artificial variety, still
stands. When we, or I, finally surrender
it will be covered, as decorated, and
stored away to await it's "rebirth" next
December.
        Of course many of those real
trees will live again, in a sense. They'll
be turned into mulch from which they
will be new growth. Possibly new
trees in some cases!
        So, though I hate to see them
discarded, it's nice to think, in one
way or another, we're getting ready
to celebrate another Christmas. Come
to think of it, there's just 353 days left
till Christmas 2016! Maybe I should
just let our tree stay up?
       Hope you'll be ready and that all
your NEWS is good!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment